I actually think my first batch actually turned out alright. However, I am going to attempt again but with a different video of hers, here’s the video.
What you need:
1. 4 eggs whites
2. Cream of tartar
3. 250grams of caster sugar (1 1/4 cup?)
4. Pinch of salt
5. 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
What to do:
1. Wipe mixing bowl and whisk with vinegar to make sure it is grease free.
2. Separate to get 4 eggs whites.
3. Use cream of tartar to prevent over beating, in the video it looks like 1/2 table spoon?
4. Start with a low/medium speed until soft peaks.
5. Once it starts to foam, add 250grams of caster sugar (one spoonful at a time).
6. Once glossy, turn up the speed to high.
7. Add a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
8. Continue the mix until glossy stiff peaks. You can tell it’s ready when checking with your thumb and forefinger to tell if the mixture is smooth with no grainy texture.
9. 150C/300F for 25 minutes, turn the oven off and let it cool while it is in the oven for at least an hour.
Using a Kitchen Aid
3:18pm turn on the mixer on low, speed 2
3:24pm turned speed 4
3:26pm add sugar
3:30pm high speed (subtract 1-2 mins had to pause because I spilt sugar all over myself so I had to go outside and shake it off of me!)
3:39pm stopped mixture is still little grainy, still decided to put it in the oven
3:47pm put them in the oven.
4:27pm meringues was easily able to get off the parchment paper
(for me 40 minutes)
Before putting them in the oven, the meringues look more promising than the first time I’ve ever attempted them. This is technically my third time trying but second time trying Cupcake Jemma’s recipe. I am slightly confused because these directions are different than the first Jemma recipe I tried to follow.
Cooling process between this recipe and the other recipe, the other one looks more promising.
This batch looks closer to a proper meringue mix but the inside the first batch did better. Both still very tasty. Well, I don’t know what a proper meringue is supposed to taste like. I think I am going to call it quits for a while for meringues. My teeth is about to rot to death of how much I have been snacking on them. Guilty! However I am quiet excited my attempt of baking.
Not sure if i’ll try these recipes again. I may try another in the future if I decided to make this again.